Due to the current health situation, the Emergency Care service partially restarts as of May 25th for the following contexts:
- accidented child
- recovering post-operative child
- certain pathologies not associated with the ORL and respiratory sphere
All the problems announced with a febrile state will be evaluated by telephone by the nursing team to know the diagnosis that will have to be made by the paediatrician, depending on the case.
Possibilities for a full expansion of the service will be examined as of 8 June 2020.
On the initiative of the Equality Office and its Steering Committee and in partnership with the Red Cross, EPFL offers to its employees, emergency childcare services for sick or injured children. This initiative has been possible thanks to the financial support of the Robert Gnehm Fund.
- If a parent employed by EPFL is unable to come to work due to a sick or injured child or because of the sudden incapacity of the child carer, a daycare service can be arranged through Red Cross, therefore enabling to come to work.
- This emergency care offer does not affect the parents’ right to take leave to look after their sick child as defined in Art. 52 OPers-EPF, but aims to provide an additional solution.
- The use of Red Cross subsidized emergency care service can not exceed 40 hours per family per calendar year.
- The age limit of children is 12 years old.
- For managers (functional levels ≥ 10) and professors, EPFL request a contribution of CHF 20 per hour. This contribution will be deducted from the monthly income once per quarter. Concerned employees will be informed beforehand.
- Beyond 40 hours per year, the use of Red Cross service is no longer possible through EPFL subscription, and must be paid directly to Red Cross.
HOW DOES IT WORK? & SCHEDULE AND PHONE NUMBERS
(use your @epfl mail address to access the above documents)